Two 18-year-old men have been arrested for their suspected involvement in the hit-and-run attack on a black NHS worker.
Avon and Somerset Police said the pair were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after the NHS victim was deliberately struck by a car in Monks Park Avenue in Horfield, Bristol.
The police are treating it as a racially aggravated attack because the two occupants in the car yelled ‘f***ing n*****’.
Pictured: K recovering from his injuries at home with his sister after being deliberately struck down by a car in Monks Park Avenue in Horfield, Bristol
K suffered a broken leg, nose and cheekbone and was left unable to walk without crutches, only able to sleep sitting up in a chair and requiring regular hospital treatment for his injuries.
The suspects were arrested nine days after the attack on Saturday morning and are currently in police custody.
The vehicle involved in the incident has been seized and police are awaiting the results of a forensic examination that was carried out on it, a force spokesman said.
The 21-year-old musician, who wishes only to be referred to as K or his stage name Kdogg, suffered serious injuries including a broken leg, nose and cheekbone.
He was taken to hospital immediately after the incident and was discharged the following day.
Police are continuing to take witness statements, complete house-to-house inquiries and ensure any available CCTV has been fully reviewed.
Superintendent Andy Bennett, of Avon and Somerset Police, said: ‘We appreciate this incident has caused a significant amount of concern but we’d like to stress there is no intelligence or information to indicate there’s a further risk to the public.
‘If anyone does have any concerns or worries then I would urge them to speak to officers within their local neighbourhood policing team who will be happy to answer any questions they can.’
Pictured: Monks Park Avenue in Horfield, Bristol, where K was walking to a bus stop while listening to Stormzy on his headphones when a dark blue Honda Accord was deliberately driven at him
In a statement issued through the force, the victim, who works at Southmead Hospital, said he wanted people to ‘be aware’ of what had happened.
The keen musician and footballer has been left unable to walk without crutches, only able to sleep sitting up in a chair and requiring regular hospital treatment for his injuries.
Doctors have said it will take a minimum of six months before K is able to do ‘most things’ but it will take longer for him to be back to full fitness.
He has been left ‘traumatised’ by what happened. The charity Sari (Stand Against Racism & Inequality) is supporting K and his family.
Speaking last week K said: ‘I have six months recovery ahead of me, minimum.
‘I have a broken leg, nose and cheekbone, will need plastic surgery to my face and leg and am walking on crutches.
‘I don’t want this to happen to anyone else, I want people to be aware.’
People have responded by raising more than £30,000 for the victim after his friend, Simeon Mccarthy, set up a fundraising page on GoFundMe.
The fundraising page has received donations from more than 1,900 people including the band Massive Attack.
On Sunday evening, donations had reached more than £31,000.
Mr Mccarthy wrote on the GoFundMe page: ‘Kdogg has a long road ahead of him to recover physically and even longer mentally.
‘This money will be paid straight to Kdogg to support him in his recovery in which ever way he sees fit as he will be out of work for a long time and is going to need a lot of support to get through this horrific attack.’